Thai Foot Massage – multiple benefits…
Thai Foot Massage (Nuat Phaen Boran) as we know it today is a wonderful blend of Chinese reflexology/acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principals and even Japanese Shiatsu. It’s an ancient, holistic treatment passed down from generation to generation over thousands of years… but it has clearly stood the test of time. And not without reason!
Benefits for the feet –
• Encourages a healthy blood circulation, especially important for diabetics.
• Eases arthritic aches and pains.
• Aids mobility and flexibility of the joints.
• Helps to break down uric acid build up that can crystallise in the feet which can alleviate symptoms of gout.
• Detoxifies the feet and increases lymphatic drainage.
• Invigorates tired feet and legs – an essential boost for those of us in sedentary/desk jobs.
• Helps prevent blood and lymph from pooling, preventing early onset of varicose veins and burst capillaries.
It doesn’t stop there though. Many of us are already aware that reflexology principals within a Thai foot massage will also give benefit to the whole body – not just the region being treated. In Thai teaching, there are no fewer than 10 Sen or energy lines in the feet that map to all areas of the body. Applying the correct techniques and pressure can have an amazing effect on the whole body –
• Prevention and relief of numerous problems including headache, migraine, cystitis, gall bladder problems, sinusitis and constipation.
• Boosts the immune system.
• Improves digestive and skin problems.
• Increases energy levels.
• Alleviates stress, anxiety and general lethargy.
• Aids physical healing and improves sleep quality.
• Lifts the mood and promotes mental clarity.
Would you like the opportunity to expand your portfolio and offer your clients this incredible treatment? Just a half-day hands-on workshop and you can!
At Face The World, we offer affordable, straightforward training – all industry-approved and CPD registered for your peace of mind. All of courses include a starter kit containing one of our bespoke CDs, at least two of our exclusive skincare products, your training manual and your CPD Diploma Certificate or Certificate of Attendance as applicable.