Thai Foot Massage – multiple benefits…
Thai Foot Massage (Nuat Phaen Boran) as we know it today is a wonderful blend of Chinese reflexology/acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principals and even Japanese Shiatsu. It’s an ancient, holistic treatment passed down from generation to generation over thousands of years… but it has clearly stood the test of time. And not without reason!
Benefits for the feet –
• Encourages a healthy blood circulation, especially important for diabetics.
• Eases arthritic aches and pains.
• Aids mobility and flexibility of the joints.
• Helps to break down uric acid build up that can crystallise in the feet which can alleviate symptoms of gout.
• Detoxifies the feet and increases lymphatic drainage.
• Invigorates tired feet and legs – an essential boost for those of us in sedentary/desk jobs.
• Helps prevent blood and lymph from pooling, preventing early onset of varicose veins and burst capillaries.
It doesn’t stop there though. Many of us are already aware that reflexology principals within a Thai foot massage will also give benefit to the whole body – not just the region being treated. In Thai teaching, there are no fewer than 10 Sen or energy lines in the feet that map to all areas of the body. Applying the correct techniques and pressure can have an amazing effect on the whole body –
• Prevention and relief of numerous problems including headache, migraine, cystitis, gall bladder problems, sinusitis and constipation.
• Boosts the immune system.
• Improves digestive and skin problems.
• Increases energy levels.
• Alleviates stress, anxiety and general lethargy.
• Aids physical healing and improves sleep quality.
• Lifts the mood and promotes mental clarity.
Would you like the opportunity to expand your portfolio and offer your clients this incredible treatment? Just a half-day hands-on workshop and you can!
At Face The World, we offer affordable, straightforward training – all industry-approved and CPD registered for your peace of mind. All of courses include a starter kit containing one of our bespoke CDs, at least two of our exclusive skincare products, your training manual and your CPD Diploma Certificate or Certificate of Attendance as applicable.
Eastern Facial Acupressure – so many benefits!
Did you know?
…that the ancient Chinese treatment of acupressure has been practiced and perfected for over 5000 years? In simple terms, it was discovered that by pressing certain points of the body, pain or disease were alleviated – and often in regions of the body remote from the pain or pressure point!
Facial acupressure can be performed by a massage therapist or other certified professional, or a person can perform it on his or her own face once trained in what to do.
By pressing certain meridian/reflex points in the face, not only are there benefits to the facial area but for the whole body – a great bonus:
For the face…
- Improvement of muscular tone and facial contours, including the area between the nose and mouth (specifically a problem for smokers)
- Stimulation of circulation and nutrient flow to the facial skin
- Promotes an effective lymphatic flow and removal of toxins
- Glowing and healthier-looking complexion due to improved skin oxygen levels
- Soothing of forehead wrinkles, creases between the brows and ‘crows feet’
- Alleviation of sinus problems and improvement of air flow – may help tinnatus
- Reduction of puffiness around the eyes, nose bleeds and eye strain
- Reduction of facial spasms, tics and nervous twitches
For the body…
- Balancing energy levels and general flow of Chi
- Eases stress and feelings of anxiety
- Improved sleep and feeling of well-being
- Correction of hunger and appetite issues
- Reduction in pain associated with toothache and migraine
- May help to prevent hair loss
Just imagine… you can enhance all of the above facial acupressure benefits even further with the inclusion of beautiful, relevant music therapy and aromatherapy – making it a truly memorable and unique experience for your clients. That is where Face The World adds so much extra value and helps you stand out from the crowd!
We have workshops suitable for professionals (for CPD) and beginners (as a hobby) alike – all over the UK.Our price is inclusive of a starter kit per student which contains a ‘start-up duo’ FTW cleanser and massage crème (for your first 5 treatments, unique FTW “China” CD and your CPD Diploma or Certificate of Attendance as needed. We will train on a one-to-one basis so courses are never cancelled!
Find your nearest regional tutor and more information by clicking HERE or contacting us at email@example.com or 0845 544 1555.
FTW Signature Facial – CPD for Bishop Auckland College
We’re so pleased to bring you another first for Face The World! Following on from our hugely successful Thai Foot Massage CPD Days at Andover College, Hampshire and Blackburn College, Lancashire – Face The World have delivered our very first staff CPD day in our award-winning and patented Signature Facial Course!
The day was arranged via college lead Adelle Garnett and Face The World’s Liz Badger to suit the college’s requirements. Specialist FTW tutor Gwyn Featonby, also Director of the Seven Wellbeing Centre at Butterwick Hospice, Stockton-on-Tees, ran the day for Face The World.
Staff received the full 1 day course, exactly as delivered privately – meaning they finished the day as fully-qualified and insurable Face The World Facial Practitioners. As well as the multi-sensory, choreographed routine, they were also taught the three mini global massage sequences for during the Ocean Rain Mask stage of the facial: Thai Foot (as seen here), Indian Head and Tibetan Hand Massages. The client can choose which mini treatment they want whilst the mask sets to work.
Each member of staff received a CPD Diploma Certificate (as accredited by The Guild and approved by the CThA and PEP), bespoke FTW CD, 28-page Training Manual, laminated crib sheet, enamel uniform badge and a mini product set of Face The World skin care (enough for 3 to 5 facial treatments). Those who wished it also received trade access to the FTW Store and added to the monthly e-Newsletter.
Says Adelle – “The course was brilliant and we were all so chilled out! We loved the facial – and equally your FTW skincare products. We all want trade access please.”
We now have an even better offering – including training you to run your own Face The World one and half day courses in house! Take a look here –